How to avoid HVAC fire hazards
While it is possible for HVAC systems to catch fire randomly, it would be very rare. HVAC experts insist on regular maintenance as the best way to prevent instances of damage, leakage, or circuitry problems. Please beware of any of these issues and call. Tech out if you are ever unsure. The old adage better safe than sorry is so true In fire prevention and household safety.
Some ways to be an active safety person are listed here:
- Make sure electrical connections, wires, plugs, breakers, and circuitry systems are all replaced and properly maintained throughout the year.
- Make sure the unit is free of debris and is not crowded by clutter, decorations, tree limbs, leaves, cloths or other items. Storing things near an HVAC unit is not recommended.
- If there is anything smelt or seen leaning into, from or around your unit. These could be flammable or become flammable due to the friction, wiring or mechanical components inside the unit.
- Faulty gas connections can also be a cause of fires.
- Please make sure all fire detectors are working, that you have fire extinguishers handy and make a plan in the event of a fire with your family this fall.
If you think there could be an issue with your HVAC system, or you smell burning wires, oil, gas, or any other suspicious material, contact us immediately for an inspection.
Call for Service, Repairs,
Hometown Comfort TN Heating & Cooling
Where Honesty, Integrity and Happy Customers Rank First
Serving Spring Hill, Thompson’s Station,
Brentwood, Franklin & Columbia
And some surrounding areas